- Dates for Annual Conference: usually 4th weekend of September (Indian association of Surgical Oncology 2nd weekend, and Association of Colorectal surgeons of India during 3rd weekend).
- Registration fee: Rs 1500 for IASG members, and Rs 2500 for IASG non members, Rs 1000 for post graduates.
- Registration fee for workshop and Banquet can be decided by the Organizing secretary
- Components of conference:
- Lucknow Oration: Chairpersons, President, President Elect, Secretary (Any two); to be selected by committee comprising President, President Elect, Secretary, HOD, SGE, SGPGIMS, Lucknow.
- Chennai Oration: Chairpersons, same as above. To be selected by committee including President, President elect and Secretary.
- Veerabhai JR Das Aggarwal Oration: to be delivered by the Immediate past president. Chairpersons: same as above.
- Executive committee members and other members may suggest names for Chennai and Lucknow Orations.
- Panel Discussion 60 min
- Symposium 60 min
- Open House Session 60 min
- Guest Lectures 30 min (20+10) each
- Meet the Professor 3-5 experts + maximum of 25 delegates in each group 7-8 AM (over breakfast)
- Award Papers 10 to 15 min (10+5) x maximum of 6 = 90 min
- Special Mention Papers 8 min (critique of 4 min with audience discussion 4 min)
- Free Papers 10 min (8+2) x 6 = 60 min (total of 36 papers)
- Posters Display whole day, discussion during Lunch
- Case Capsules 20 min x 3 = 60 min Presenter +2-3 discussants
- Programme of CME and conference to be finalised by the Secretary in consultation with Organising Secretary. In general, the programme of the conference proper is to be organized by the secretary, while the local organizing secretary may be encouraged to take initiative in CME programme.
- Faculty for CME and Conference Preference to be given to IASG members. IASG members desiring to be included in the list of faculty to send a one-page summary including CV, clinical experience, publications and presentations, and areas/ topics they would like to cover to the Secretary.
- All faculty to be treated equally for complimentary accommodation and travel reimbursement.
- Organising Secretary To fund travel costs (national travel, economy class, single return air fare) of Lucknow and Madras orators and to the President and Secretary, and accommodation and food for two persons (Secretariat and GI Surgery Annual).
- Abstracts – Standard abstract form submission link will be available on IASG website (www.iasgonline.com). All abstracts to be submitted online with a backup to email@example.com.
No abstract will be accepted if
- Received after last date 30th June (with late fee of Rs 200/- upto 15th July)
- Not in standard format.
Results of abstract review will be communicated to the authors before 15th August. If the presenting author has not registered before 1st September, then his/her abstract will be removed from the programme.
- Award papers: will be selected from the abstracts submitted. Those selected for award session will be asked to submit full manuscripts (as per requirements of Tropical Gastroenterology) to permit critical appraisal by judges. Covering letter to be signed by all authors. Presenting author of award paper should be first author of the paper. Upper age limit of presenting author 40 years (as on 31st December).